12.17.2007

Purr-fect

DO NOT AIM FOR A PERFECT MARRIAGE - there is no such thing, says Manong Willie at today's discussion group. Four or five of us young couples meet every month to discuss about marriage, using Manong's book "To Have and To Hold".

This afternoon we had the privilege to hear directly from the author himself, and he has this to say: Strive only to improve the relationship.

How?

We have heard the answer a million times. Proven true a million times, too. C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N. Manong says 95% of all problems have to do with communication.(The remaining 5% is due to deliberate wickedness -- hah!).

Two words for me: SHUT UP. Communication involves listening, and that's where I fail most of the time, at least with my hubby.

So okay, wish me the best, because I'm shutting up now. (I'm glad wiser people tell us what we need to know.)

Peace on earth!

No comments: