12.21.2007

Lantern Parade (19.Dec.2007)

What did I get from watching this year's UP Lantern Parade?

-Aching muscles from walking, standing, tiptoe-ing and maneuvering to see the different gigantic creations;

-Aching heart for NOT being able to have a good vantage point;

-Aching neck for watching the amazing fireworks after the parade. AWESOME must be the right term, because it left me feeling "I had enough fireworks memory to last a year". (I heard the UP Centennial kickoff fireworks would even be better. Can't wait!);

-Aching tummy, because the food stalls were still a five-minute walk away, and I dare not lose my (by this time) already nice spot. Also, who would want to miss the next presentors - CFA! (Hahaha, obviously biased for College of Fine Arts. Initially I thought their obras this year are soooo simple compared to what they can do -- but hey, surprise, surprise: they still made my night, especially with oblation dancing the Papaya!);

-Finally, an aching head from thinking "I hope my classmates are enjoying this!" In the end I had to judge by their grouchiness, and they showed none! I therefore conclude they must have thought it was worth their trip. Thanks Murty, Aleem, and Pratap for coming all the way from the AIM campus!.

What an achy-breaky night. But hey, no pain, no gain! :)

Some photos (more at Murty's Flickr):

No comments: