10.02.2007

PEP Talk

Hello friends!

Greetings from the Asian Institute of Management, my "home" for the next 11 months as I take the Master in Development Management (MDM) program. It's been a month of classes (seems like ages to me!) and I am really grateful for all your continuous prayer and encouragement.

How has it been these days for me? I have been giving a generic answer which says it all: PEP! Pressure, Exposure, Pleasure. The daily readings, case method approach, and student-centered class discussions are overwhelming. Yet the richness of interaction, cultures, and environment are a real delight. Thus far I am convinced that I am in for more than an academic exercise, but a daily dose of self reflection: clarifying, challenging, strengthening of values, character, and calling.

We are 31 in class, a good mix of 10 Asian countries, representing different sectors like the military, church, bureaucracy, nonprofits, civil society. As per my personal experience (which I now realize is very limited) this is the widest range of religious backgrounds I have ever been with: Muslim, Jesuit, Protestants, Atheist, Esmaelis, Buddhist, Hindu, and a few who are still searching. (Exciting, I know!) :)

Anyway, I'll keep this update short. Here is a picture of Learning Team 1, my group for the duration of this one-year program. (L-R Back row: Murthy [India], Cherryl-Lyn [Malaysia], Akbar [India]; Front row: Mercy [Indonesia], Jing (me!), Aleem [Philippines-ARMM], Huyen [Vietnam]).


Please know that you are being fondly thought of and your continuous support (please say hello now and then) are truly appreciated. May the Lord strengthen your heart and be your portion every day, as He has been to me.

Be well...

love and blessings,
Jing

2 comments:

Mai said...

Keep updating your blog, I look forward to reading it!

Unknown said...

Hello!

I've featured your blog in mine:

http://theaimblogger.blogspot.com.

Nice blog! :D