5.02.2008

how i finished Prince Caspian

How could this happen?!?

I brought it with me, to read on the way to and from the dentist. Was halfway reading through it, & very much nostalgic about re-visiting this wonderful story (now a most-awaited movie too!). I'll surely finish it when I get home!

But wait ... Huwaaaa.. I left it in the tricycle ... NoOOOoh!!!
...
Mamang tryke, san ka nahhh po...huhuhu!

Went back to the terminal, but he was not there. Co-drivers were very helpful (at least I thought they felt sorry for me --- or maybe just found me silly, coming back for a mere pocketbook?!?!? Namasahe pa trenta y pesos, sayang.) Couldn't tell. Didn't bother. I just wanted my book back :( Panu na? Waaaa...

Sigh. So sad. I got that copy for half the price! (My friendly classmate Akbar bought it from India on his last trip this March.)

Besides, that was Rio's. Tough. Another thing to owe my lil girl now.

But but but ... whoa ... its bound to be a happy ending after all! Found a free e-copy online!!! Thank you, thank you intexblogger.com! Aieeeh!!! Mwah!

I ended up downloading other e-books as well. Splendid! :)

And now for my favorite part of the book:

"Welcome, child," he said.
"Aslan," said Lucy, "you're bigger."
"That is because you are older, little one," answered he.
"Not because you are?"
"I am not. But every year you grow, you will find me bigger."


All things work together for good.

3 comments:

Mai said...

Glad you were able to finish it! But how did that site have it online? Surely it must be copyrighted.

JINGSINayOcampo said...

Downloadable PDF file (also available on RepliGo format). Am not sure how they go about the IP rights, but there's a clause that says something about "for personal use only" & reminding users not to make money out of it. Some really really neat stuff on that site, I tell you. Check it out! :D

Pat R said...

the movie version of Prince Caspian kept to the original story surprisingly well... i heard they were going to make it into a silly pure-action flick, but thankfully this was not the case